| ||2017.9 - present||
Simple and Green Networks, LLC|
|Research and develop innovative technical solutions for In-Memory Computing (IMC), for improving the processing speed of Big Data.|
- ipmem: a kernel module to add external memory from remote servers to a QEMU/KVM virtual machine.
| ||2011.7 - present|| Capacity Planning, Backbone|
Time Warner Cable
|Sr. Capacity Planner|
- TWC backbone capacity planning.
| ||2009.11 - 2011.1|| Network Research Center, |
- network operation of research and education networks such as CERNET2 and TEIN3.
- network research on IPv6 deployment and applications.
- led the IETF79 NOC team.
| ||2007.9 - 2009.11|| Verizon Business Inc.|
Ashburn, VA, USA
| Sr. Network Engineer|
- to design, optimize and maintain Verizon Business public IP network.
| ||2005.6 - 2007.9|| Juniper Networks Inc.|
Herndon, VA, USA
| Premier Customer Support Engineer|
- provided technical support to tier-1 ISPs.
| ||2004.9 - 2004.12|| Department of Information Systems, |
University of Maryland, Baltimore Country,
Baltimore, MD, USA
| Adjunct Professor|
- taught IS452/652, "Internetworking".
| ||2004.6 - 2005.6|| Endeavor Systems Inc.|
McLean, VA, USA
| Software Engineer|
- to develop an intrusion detection and prevention system.
|2002.6 - 2004.6|| Information Sciences Institute, East, |
University of Southern California,
Arlington, DC, USA
| Post-doc Research Associate |
- focused on BGP related research.
|1998.8 - 2002.6|| Computer Science Department, |
North Carolina State University,
Raleigh, NC, USA
| Ph.D., 2002|
- Thesis: Toward a Fault-Tolerant Border Gateway Protocol
- Advisor: Prof. S. Felix Wu
|1995.9 - 1998.6|| Institute of Software, |
Chinese Academy of Sciences,
|1991.9 - 1995.6|| Computer Science Department|